P. Craig Russell and Wayne Alan Harold have announced a new Fine Art Edition, P. Craig Russell’s Symbolist Fantasies and Other Things. This is being crowdfunded via Indiegogo, and with seven days left is at 190% of funding. The release date is May 2021.
The three previous Fine Art Editions were all wonderful volumes and this looks to be another winner. While ten months is a long lead time, in this time of a global pandemic this allows for wiggle room.
This beautiful 12″X17″ oversized hardcover features complete stories scanned from P. Craig Russell’s stunning original art. While appearing to be in black and white, each page has been scanned in color to recreate as closely as possible the experience of viewing the actual originals-including blue pencils, notes, art corrections and more. Pages are reproduced at original size on heavy paper stock to provide fans, aficionados and collectors with the best possible reproductions.
This 148-page Fine Art Edition includes the following complete stories, songs and poems—many of which will be seeing print for the very first time:
- Opus 06 – The Avatar and The Chimera (1978, 16 pages)
- Opus 21 – Pelléas & Mélisande (1985, 56 pages)
- Opus 26 – Ariane and Bluebeard (1988, 42 pages)
- Opus 69 – Two Anxious Songs (Whispers at Night, Beheading) (2013, 2 pages)
- Opus 70 – Little Nemo in Final Slumberland (2013, 1 page)
- Opus 71 – Day and Night (Two Songs) (2014, 2 pages)
- Opus 72 – Two Songs by Hugo Wolf (Spring, Autumn) (2014, 2 pages)
- Opus 74 – The Spectre of the Rose (Two Songs) (2015, 2 pages)
- Opus 75 – Pendant to the Rose (A Symbolist Fantasy) (2016, 2 pages)
- BONUS GALLERY: Selected color pages from The Dreaming City (12 pages)
The book also features new cover art and a new illustrated logo by P. Craig Russell!
Available In Four Hardcover Editions:
- Standard Edition Hardcover ($125)
- Signature Edition Hardcover – Comes personally signed by P. Craig Russell! ($175)
- Sketch Edition Hardcover – Comes personally signed by P. Craig Russell with a PEN AND INK SKETCH by the artist! Art will be on a separate board that’s approximately 8″ x 10″—keep it in the book or frame it for posterity! (You will get to pick the sketch/pose based on three provided samples—scroll down on this page to see the sample sketches.) ($275)
- Deluxe Sketch Edition Hardcover – Limited to only ten (10) copies, this super-rare edition includes ALL THREE of the original sketches that are being offered! (Sold Out)
- We are doing a very small, very limited print run of this amazing book. It will not be offered to comic shops via Diamond Comic Distributors so we strongly suggest that you pre-order via this campaign to guarantee that you will get a book.
- This is an independently-published book so your support is going directly to the creators—artist P. Craig Russell and publisher Wayne Alan Harold.
- Page count is expected to be between 144-148 pages (content is subject to change).
- Perks are available “a la carte”—so feel free to pledge multiple times for multiple items.
- All items will ship with both tracking and full insurance, so pledge with confidence.
I won’t be adding this to the AE Format Books Index until next year, when we have a firm ship date.