A new year is upon us and that means 20120 is complete and we can vote on the Artist’s Edition format books published in the past twelve months. The voting is done through internal polling, which limits votes by IP address and cookie. Voting is open from January 1 to January 31, with the winners posted on February 1.
These annual awards are named for Scott Dunbier, who at IDW created the Artist’s Edition format in 2010. They are meant to shine a spotlight on the format and the works published in the previous year. Previous winners: 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019.
The survey is all text-based; here is a cover gallery of all 2020 Artist’s Edition format books, six in total. To qualify, an AE format book must have been published and released through Diamond, using its ship date. Click the name to go to the full review.
- Dave Cockrum’s X-Men Artifact Edition
- Ed Piskor: The Fantagraphics Studio Edition
- Michael Golden’s Micronauts Artist’s Edition
- Original Art: The Daniel Clowes Studio Edition
- P. Craig Russell’s The Selfish Giant and Other Stories Fine Art Edition
- The Sandman: Overture – J.H. Williams III Gallery Edition