For those that missed out on Wayne Alan Harold’s Indiegogo campaign for P. Craig Russell’s Symbolist Fantasies and Other Things Fine Art Edition last July, a follow-up campaign has just launched on Kickstarter. Fulfillment is showing as December 2021.
This AE format book will include the following:
- The Avatar and The Chimera (1978, 16 pages)
- Pelléas & Mélisande (1985, 56 pages)
- Ariane and Bluebeard (1988, 42 pages)
- Two Anxious Songs (Whispers at Night, Beheading) (2013, 2 pages)
- Little Nemo in Final Slumberland (2013, 1 page)
- Nightride and Sunrise (Two Songs) (2014, 2 pages)
- Spring and Autumn (Two Songs) (2014, 2 pages)
- Love: Bitter and Sweet (Two Songs) (2015, 2 pages)
- The Spectre of the Rose (Two Songs) (2015, 2 pages)
- Pendant to the Rose (A Symbolist Fantasy) (2016, 2 pages)
- Selected colour pages from The Dreaming City (12 pages)
Its target goal was reached in less than one day, but that’s because of the numerous original art tiers for $3000-5000 USD. In fact, the art tiers don’t include the book but present a great opportunity for art buyers.
For those interested in the book, prices are up this time around, $25 USD per book. Think of that as a discount for those of us who paid in July 2020; who could have predicted the last year!
- Standard Edition Hardcover ($150 USD)
- Signature Edition Hardcover ($200 USD) – Comes personally signed by P. Craig Russell
- Sketch Edition Hardcover ($300 USD) – Comes personally signed by P. Craig Russell with a pen and ink sketch by the artist. The sketch will be on a separate board that’s approximately 8″ x 10″—keep it in the book or frame it for posterity!